The Customer Service Representative attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions as well as managing current customer queries and complaints. You will be expected to escalate complaints across several communication channels. The Customer Service Representative is also responsible for processing orders prepare correspondences and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintaining a positive, empathic and professional attitude toward customers.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customers’ complaint; determine the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Knowing our services inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Processing orders, forms and requests with accuracy.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recoding account information.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Go the extra mile to engage customers.
- Cancel or upgrade accounts.
- Assist with placement of orders and or refunds.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses, phone numbers and emails.
- Act as the company gate keeper.
- Attempt to persuade customers to reconsider cancellation.
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volume.
- Work with Customer Service Manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Maintains strong and active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and language used, asks questions when appropriate, and allows others fully state their ideas before jumping in
- Must be high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms.
Minimum 2 years in a fast paced call center environment
High School diploma or equivalent
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time. Some flexibility in hours is permitted, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday and be able to work on a rotating Saturday Schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Oak Ridge Waste and Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.