The Payroll Administrator is responsible for all activities related to the payroll and benefits programs. Coordinates and processes payroll with our outside service provider.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews time submitted for employees in ADP Time & Attendance, creating payroll input files.
- Research and find solutions to employee questions, complex problems and technical issues.
- Process new hires, terminations, salary increases etc. in the payroll system on a timely manner.
- Process weekly payroll, maintain and monitor employee data.
- Prepares and distributes payroll reports as requested.
- Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Handle multiple processes and develop, administer and document payroll procedures.
- Process manual checks for state mandated payments, terminations, etc.
- Manage multiple vendor interfaces (i.e., MetLife, ADP Tax Services) and third-party vendors (union dues, AFLAC).
- Coordinate employee benefits and administration as necessary.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Assist Management with other tasks as needed.
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work to tight timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of Payroll, Accounting, and/or Human Resource experience required
- Experience with ADP and time and attendance systems is required.
- Experience with hourly and salaried payroll systems
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
Associates degree in accounting or 3 years of experience in payroll administration
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time. Some flexibility in hours is permitted, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.