SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Knowledge and ability to perform Preventative Maintenance services with general knowledge related to heavy duty machinery. This may include gasoline, diesel and CNG Systems. Also, must have experience working with and fixing BELTS and BEARINGS of Heavy Equipment machinery. Monday thru Friday 8 hour shifts. Starting pay $22-$30 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Aid/assist drivers in completion of the daily Post trip and vehicle safety inspection process
2. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment during Safety Lane and PM’s.
3. Complete lubrication and repair of lubrication points on vehicles as assigned on the daily schedule
4. Ability to learn and utilize brake inspection procedures and complete documentation daily
5. Perform basic repairs and maintenance on Heavy Duty Equipment, including but not limited to Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Port-a-let, and other service type trucks including chassis and body.
6. Communication with A & B technicians /drivers as to issues with vehicles and discusses preventative techniques that may minimize future repairs.
7. Completes all required paperwork / computer data entry, including documenting parts usage and time in and out on repair orders, in a timely and concise manner.
8. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards which may include sweeping, organizing and maintaining the shop and grounds areas.
9. Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
10. Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
11. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
* Ability to assist drivers with Pre/Post trip process
* Ability to identify visible repairs required on vehicles: lights, mirrors, leaks, body damage etc.
* Ability to assist/complete fluid top up on vehicles including oil, hydraulic fluids, transmission fluid, DEF fluid
* Knowledge of tire inspections and air pressure adjustments
* Ability to support technicians in repair of lights, wipers, mirrors.
* Ability to understand and use lubrication charts for waste trucks
* Ability to lubricate components on trucks as scheduled (training provided)
* Ability to assist technicians in the repair of basic engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to Heavy Duty and Light Duty Trucks.
* Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
* Basic computer skills as required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Oak Ridge Waste.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls).
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Oak Ridge Waste & Recycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.