Job Purpose: Perform a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating Pick up and removal of waste/rubbish in support of Oak Ridge Waste & Recycling
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Make sure pre-trip inspections are done before you leave the yard. And then a post trip inspection is completed after you return at the end of your shift.
- Maintain and keep all vehicles clean. Report all problems immediately to supervisor/Manager/ or Safety manager
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies work procedures and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all the appropriate safety equipment Operate any equipment authorized to complete your job.
- All paper work must be completed/signed and handed into Mechanic daily.
- Must be able to take/pass random DOL drug test.
- Must maintain a clean and valid drivers license
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- To perform this job successfully , an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Licensing and Certification:
- Valid CDL License
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Transportation vehicles Tractor trailers,, dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, street sweeper, front-end loader, rolloff’s, mobile radio, telephone, and hand tools used in the maintenance of vehicles.
American with Disability Specifications:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Personal Protective Equipment
- PPE is available at request when required by your job duties