Job Purpose: Perform a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating pickup
and removal of waste/rubbish in support of Oak Ridge Waste & Recycling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning route to ensure most economical use of time and equipment
- Perform all duties in accordance with appropriate safety and security standards
- Perform daily Pre & Post-Trip inspections of your vehicle
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle. Report all mechanical issues immediately, to Supervisor
- Conform with, and abide by, all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Conform to all safety policies and use all appropriate safety equipment & PPE
- Complete and submit necessary daily paperwork
- Maintain a clean & valid drivers license
- Maintain safe vehicle operation, to protect your safety, and the safety of the public, by complying with company policies & procedures, as well as DOT regulations
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisorr
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be properly licensed to operate the type of unit, (e.g., CDL “A” or “B” with air brakes) for which they are applying, for a minimum of 2 years
- Ability to pass DOT mandated, drug/alcohol tests
- Ability to pass pre-employment fit-for-duty evaluation
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and defensive driving techniques
- Ability to safely operate various types of refuse vehicles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively, as well as work independently
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Transportation Vehicles: Front Load, Rear Load, Rolloff Trucks (Class B)
Tractor Trailers (Class A License)
- 2-Way Radio, Tablet, Various Hand Tools
American with Disability Specifications:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also constantly required to climb, balance and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and/or hot weather temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer & requirements of the job change.
Personal Protective Equipment
- PPE is available, as required by your job functions.
- 401K & Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Paid Orientation & Training
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly & Annual Bonus Program
- PPE Provided
- Some Saturdays