Coordinates the utilization of trucks, drivers, and containers in order to create capacity and maximize productivity, while assuring prompt and effective service to customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures productivity by reaching and or exceeding company established goals through successful routing of company assets.
- Courteously interacts with customers, drivers, team and or the general public.
- Prepares, updates and dispenses the daily route schedule.
- Reports driver problems to appropriate department or supervisor for resolution.
- Gathers and maintains route sheets documenting pick-ups (scheduled, missed stops, extra, pick up’s), route completions, and drivers locations.
- Ensures the accountability of route completions through the driver check-in procedure.
- Dispatchers responsible for Commercial and Residential routes may also have the responsibility for Driver check-in at the end of each drivers’ shift.
- preforms other job-related duties as assigned.
- May need to travel to other locations, Shelton, Danbury and or Stamford.
Minimum 2 years
Microsoft products knowledge
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.