Distributes incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with Customers, Customer Service, Sales and Operational Staff. Uses company software to enter work order information and track driver activity. Communicates with drivers to assist with problem resolution while on routes.
Essential Job Functions
- Dispatch drivers using information of customer needs, driver locations while considering daily factors to balance cost and efficiency.
- Works with Operations Manager, Route Supervisor and Drivers to optimize routes.
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day.
- Handles incoming calls and emails from Operations, Customer Service and Sales department
- Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site, resolving pick up and other issues.
- Proactively troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and service issues before they result in service interruptions
- Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact for mechanical downtime and other daily challenges.
- Check-in drivers and post routes when completed for the day.
- Review driver notes and make corrections and/or adjustments, if necessary, pass information along to Customer Service or Sales departments.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months of relevant work experience required
- Two years of prior experience in the transportation or logistics industries preferred
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
- Must have the desire and ability to learn software applications
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Excel should include the ability to soft, and filter data, merge cells and use formulas (Or willingness to learn!)
- Ability to lead, train and coach
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.