Oak Ridge Waste & Recycling
Danbury, CT 06810
Pay: $18 – $35 per hour
Job type: Full-time
Number of openings for this position: 4
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program
- Employee discount
- Diesel Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Oak Ridge Waste & Recycling
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Knowledge and ability to perform Preventative Maintenance services with general knowledge related to heavy duty and light duty trucks. This may include gasoline, diesel and CNG Systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Aid/assist drivers in completion of the daily Post trip and vehicle safety inspection process
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment during Safety Lane and PM’s.
- Complete lubrication and repair of lubrication points on vehicles as assigned on the daily schedule
- Ability to learn and utilize brake inspection procedures and complete documentation daily
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance on Heavy Duty Equipment, including but not limited to Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Port-a-let, and other service type trucks including chassis and body.
- Communication with A & B technicians /drivers as to issues with vehicles and discusses preventative techniques that may minimize future repairs.
- Completes all required paperwork / computer data entry, including documenting parts usage and time in and out on repair orders, in a timely and concise manner.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards which may include sweeping, organizing and maintaining the shop and grounds areas.
- Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
- Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- * Ability to assist drivers with Pre/Post trip process
- * Ability to identify visible repairs required on vehicles: lights, mirrors, leaks, body damage etc.
- * Ability to assist/complete fluid top up on vehicles including oil, hydraulic fluids, transmission fluid, DEF fluid
- * Knowledge of tire inspections and air pressure adjustments
- * Ability to support technicians in repair of lights, wipers, mirrors.
- * Ability to understand and use lubrication charts for waste trucks
- * Ability to lubricate components on trucks as scheduled (training provided)
- * Ability to assist technicians in the repair of basic engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to Heavy Duty and Light Duty Trucks.
- * Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- * Basic computer skills as required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- * Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- * Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Oak Ridge Waste.
- * Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- * Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
- * Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
- * Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
- * Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
- * Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
- * Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
- * Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
- * Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
- * Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
- * Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
- * Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
- * Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
- * Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls).
- * Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.